Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why does my new Hero8 not come up on my new iMac?

[ New ]

My new Hero9 will not come up on my new iMac. Why? I'm using the usb cord provided. The camera shows being "Connected" in the Network in Systems Preferences. But, it is not showing being connected on GoPro Player, GoPro Quik, Photos, iMovie or Image Capture.

What is going on?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Why does my new Hero8 not come up on my new iMac?

[ New ]

you can try going to connection settings on the go pro and choose MTP for the settings. this may be the soultion hopefully

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]

this guy has almost same problem, cannot use webcam on new iMac but works on others MacBook Air .

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/web%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A9%E3%81%A8%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E4%...

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello Kennix,

I don't see the answer to my problem in the thread you linked. Below is a screen shot of my problem. The GoPro is showing up in Hardware but does not show up in either GoPro Quik or iMovie. Furthermore, if you notice, my iPhone does show up in both Hardware and iMovie. Attention GoPro SUPPORT, what is going on? (I'm trying to be reasonable here but this is becoming more and more frustrating. I assumed all this high speed technology would make my life easier. Combined, I just spent $1,500 on the iMac and GoPro. Now I'm spending multiple hours just trying to retrieve my shots! Sorry, just wanted to vent a little.)

GuyScreen Shot 2020-10-12 at 5.51.55 AM.png

Nomad

[ New ]
Does it show up in Camera under Hardware?
Nomad

[ New ]

you can try going to connection settings on the go pro and choose MTP for the settings. this may be the soultion hopefully

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello Neoneuc,

MTP Setting was the solution!!! I really appreicate your help! I can now move forward with my life.

Guy

Nomad

[ New ]

Brilliant. Thats awesome to hear buddy. still new myself and learning the ropes lol any issues then let me know and i see what else i can do to help