Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Why do I have to login to Google to download Quick Stories, and when I do, they don't let me downloa

[ Edited ]

Google  has problems with privacy (they steal personal information).  Why do I have to login to them to download Quick Stories?  I want to work on the big screen of my pc, not the tiny screen of my iphone, to edit my films.  I am VERY content with my GoPro.  I do charity work in a developing country and the footage I shot is incredible for my work.  How do I do this without Google peering into my every move?  Very frustrating.  

Nomad

Re: Why do I have to login to Google to download Quick Stories, and when I do, they don't let me dow

If you're using an android based device, you need to log into google to access anything from Play Store, if you're unhappy with having to do that, you'll have to contact Google regarding this as this is their domain and their responsability.

If you're editing footage on your windows PC, then you can download Quik for Windows or GoPro Fusion Studio (for Fusion camera's only) without having to log into google play store.

Tourist

Re: Why do I have to login to Google to download Quick Stories, and when I do, they don't let me dow

[ Edited ]

Is it Compulsory to download google quick stories.. can anyone tell me this....

had have a great stories to tell them. 

Tourist

I ended up using chat and they gave me the link that doesn’t require google. Unfortunately it isn't exactly the same program. It’s called “Quick” and I’ve not been able to do the same things as I can with “Quick Stories” on my phone app. Anyone know another solution? Apple has a better record with privacy than google, but I am limited to either working on a tiny screen (iPhone) or pc (pc = windows operating system) with a different and less effective program. Frustrating.
Nomad

It's actually called "Quik" and "Quik" is the latest version of the app and is currently being worked on and supported.  This replaced "Quik Stories" which is the 2017 version of the app which is older and doesn't support many of the new features that "Quik" does.

I would suggest moving to Europe, they have much better privacy laws and you actually own your data unlike other countries where you only have the right to view what data has been collected on you (and then only in some cases).

You should also write your local politicians and demand change on ownership and use of your data and insist on change, it's the only way to put your fears at rest.