Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Why are my videos uploading as photos?

[ New ]

I've removed the Micro-SD card from my GoPro Hero 5 Black to import video's to my computer.  Several of the videos have uploaded as photos. I do not know how to fix this. I've shot several videos and now they are all still photos of 500 +.  Even more bizzare is that most of the photo's that were originally shot in video format are clear not blurred as one would expect if filmed in the video mode. What is going on with my GoPro? Is it that or is the micro-SD card the issue?  I really wish I knew how to get the original video's uploaded in the MP4 format as they make for crappy still photos.  

Thank you for your help. 

Irish

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Why are my videos uploading as photos?

[ New ]

This is odd, @irishedp. Do you recall the resolution settings you used when you recorded with your HERO5 Black camera? To verify, the camera was set to regular video mode and not video + photo or time lapse photo mode?

How does the playback appear when done in the camera? Are the files played back as videos? If you can, check how the playback is using the GoPro App as well. 

To clear any possible source of error, perform a manual firmware update following the steps under Manual Update here. Make sure that the camera is fully charged prior to the update, and that you are using a formatted, and recommended SD card. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Why are my videos uploading as photos?

[ New ]

This is odd, @irishedp. Do you recall the resolution settings you used when you recorded with your HERO5 Black camera? To verify, the camera was set to regular video mode and not video + photo or time lapse photo mode?

How does the playback appear when done in the camera? Are the files played back as videos? If you can, check how the playback is using the GoPro App as well. 

To clear any possible source of error, perform a manual firmware update following the steps under Manual Update here. Make sure that the camera is fully charged prior to the update, and that you are using a formatted, and recommended SD card. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!