Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Why Gopro hero 8 module media like for battery extended does not exist ?

Why Gopro hero 8 module media like for battery extended does not exist ?

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Why Gopro hero 8 module media like for battery extended does not exist ?

We recommend that you contact the following URL.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thank you very much.

Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro won't develope such things until they have "X" number of sales for the GoPro Hero 8 and then "X" number of consumers who would purchase such an add on.  This is due to the cost of investment in design, the cost of investment in setting up production and assembly vs the profit point from sales.

Until there are enough consumers who want an extended battery, GoPro will not invest in making one.  As more camera's sell, 3rd party manufacturers who are already set up to make batteries make look at investing in an extended battery for the GP8, but again, they won't do so unless they are going to make a profit from it.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanx for your answer.

IMHO, due to the very short time battery capacity, no doubt lot of consumers would like purchase such an add on. With my Hero 4 and the battery Bacpac, I can use my cam in flight and record most moments I want. With the Hero 8, it's very limited (impossible for me to change battery i these condtions). I think there are lot of activities that require an extended battery.

3rd party manufacturers for the battery produce most of the time very bad battery. It's a shame.

I think GoPro is in the best position to deliver a quality product.