Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why 2 copies of each chapter of 360 files downloaded to GoPro App>Media>App?

In the screenshot that you provided, the CLOCK is on most of them, like in the first 15 clips from the top. The CLOUD+UP  is on the 16th clip from the top (lower right corner, full frame). 

I checked with my GoPro app media and I do not actually see the CLOUD+CHECK marked on those that have been uploaded. I will have to check with the team on this.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Why 2 copies of each chapter of 360 files downloaded to GoPro App>Media>App?

UPDATE: 
Another bicycle ride this afternoon with Max recording in 360. 

once home I uploaded the the media files via the GoPro App and once again there are duplicates of each thumbnail in the media gallery. 

There is one thumbnail that was not duplicated, and that is of the media file that I did not select for download.

i believe what is happening is that because I have mobile upload selected in settings on the gopro app, all new media is being automatically uploaded to the App.  As I also manually selected to upload to the gopro app, I am getting duplicates of each media file I manually selected to upload. 

So in workflow, should I always wait for mobile upload to upload new media to the gopro app?

The upload to the cloud is still not working as all thumbnails but one from yesterday are still in the queue to upload (cloud icon with clock) and as of now, all of today's new media also are in the queue to upload to gopro cloud. I may open a new thread to have a discussion about this matter unless addressed here. 

Highlighted
GoPro

@toughlift06750. The Mobile Upload feature is not for importing media from the camera to the app/phone. It is for automatically uploading to the PLUS cloud any media that you import to the GoPro App from the camera. 

Instead of the Mobile Upload, disable Auto Offload. To trace within the App, go to Settings (Gear icon), then Preferences, then Auto Offload. Make sure that this is not in blue. Observe how it goes for your next import. 

Please note that to begin a mobile upload to cloud, your device needs at least 120 percent of the total file size of your upload available in storage. For example, if a media contains 1GB of data, your device needs 1.2GB available storage to start uploading.

Highlighted
Hiker

Mariustanya, I disabled Auto Offload and will monitor my next video import. 

re mobile upload to the cloud, my latest video totals about 35 GB, and would require about 42 GB of storage as per your reply. Is this storage requirement over an above the storage used by the 8mported video?

For example, I had used 165 GB of storage on my iPad, then Imported 35 GB of video, which means I have used up 200 GB of storage including the newly imported 35 GB of video. 
To begin the mobile upload to the cloud, do I need another 42 GB of storage room, even though the cloud storage is not stored on my iPad?

If so with a total of 256 GB of storage on my iPad, there was enough storage room to accommodate the upload, but it did not upload. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you, @toughlift06750. And, you are correct with the storage calculation. We'd like to isolate the issue further. To verify, you have already attempted to upload the media through gopro.com and got the notification that the file already exists. Is this correct? 

Highlighted
Hiker

"We'd like to isolate the issue further. To verify, you have already attempted to upload the media through gopro.com and got the notification that the file already exists. Is this correct? "

You are correct mariustanya, I did attempt to upload through gopro.com, and indeed I received several notifications that the files already existed. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Got it. Thank you, @toughlift06750. We will pass this along to the team for a closer look. 

Highlighted
Hiker

mariustanya, disabling auto offload corrected the issue of duplicate files in GoPro App media tab.  

I have mobile upload enabled and All the most recent as well as some previous thumbnails are queued to upload to the cloud ( ie show the clock within the cloud icon), but after about 20 hours none of the most recent files have uploaded to the cloud. Would this have something to do with the internet being overloaded due to current global circumstances?

I wonder if I have missed any steps to activate mobile upload? 

Thanks