Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Why 2 copies of each chapter of 360 files downloaded to GoPro App>Media>App?

Just completed a bicycle ride, video shot in 360 and video divided into 8 chapters.  I downloaded via GoPro App.  In the App media files there are 2 copies of each chapter. There is a cloud icon within each thumbnail. 

Anyone have any idea why the duplicate copies? Screenshot attached. 

screenshot 2020-03-16 at 6.57.13 pm.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Why 2 copies of each chapter of 360 files downloaded to GoPro App>Media>App?

Hello @toughlift06750. Thank you for the details that you provided. We'd like to gather more details so we can have a closer look at the issue. Try logging in to plus.gopro.com . Are you seeing the same duplicate files as in the GoPro App? 

Could the duplicate files be chapters belonging to the same video clip? Have you been able to play them back to see if the actual content is a duplicate? 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Why 2 copies of each chapter of 360 files downloaded to GoPro App>Media>App?

Mariustanya, thanks for your reply. 

The duplicate files are not in the cloud on gopro.com, only in the App. 

I had not edited the files in the App so there is no possibility that I created duplicate copies of the clips. 

To conserve storage on my iPad, I deleted the duplicates, however based on the thumbnail images, it looks like the content would be the same for each duplicate vs its original. 

fyi, while I have auto as well as mobile upload activated on my Max and on the App, it is my understanding that this feature uploads the files to the Cloud and not to the App.

Also, the auto upload feature using the Max as a hub, is painfully slow tp upload to the gopro cloud service. 

also, I'm not using 

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional information that you provided, @toughlift06750

Yes, the auto upload/ mobile upload settings you enabled adds media to the PLUS cloud, not to the app. For the mobile upload though, the media need to be imported to the app first before they can be added to the cloud. 

By any chance, have you connected your MAX with the GoPro App more than once? It could be possible that the files may have been imported twice. Although the GoPro detects that the same file is about to be imported, the prompt (pop up message) gives you an option to continue (versus skip) and continuing causes duplicate media in the app. Could this be what happened? 

Highlighted
Hiker

What I recall doing is trying to connect via the wifi auto upload, but seeing the upload was not progressing I pressed stop and then disconnected the power cable from my Max. I'm certain that I did not attempt on two occasions to download media from my Max to the App. I could try to download the media from my Max to the App now to see if it would cause yet one more duplicate to download and report back on this forum. 

I am aware of the notification in gopro.com when it detect duplicate file being downloaded to th cloud,  but to the best of my knowledge, it will not create a duplicate file in the cloud, and besides, this duplicate is in the App, not in the Cloud. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I just downloaded another duplicate file from my Max to the GOPRO app. There was no duplicate file notification, yet I as allowed to download a duplicate file to my GOPRO App. Perhaps I downloaded all the media from mynMax to the App, but do not recall doing so.

Curious to know, what is the significance of the cloud in the thumbnail? Also, there seems to be different versions of the cloud icon within the thumbnails. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks mariustanya,

re the icons within the thumbnails, the link you attached in your reply indicates there are 4 icons:

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload
CLOUD+UP - Item uploading
CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed
EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading 

in the screenshot I included in my op, can you please tell me which icons are which? 

FYI, none of files so far at least, have been uploaded to the Cloud.