Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

White screen upon switching GoPro hero 6 on

Whenever I switch on my GoPro hero 6, there will be one blink of a white screen before it main screen. Is that unusual? Have not seen it on YouTube videos.
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: White screen upon switching GoPro hero 6 on

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-6-software-and-hardware-bugs-exchanged-mine-5x/td-p/6885...

I had that issue. Like 2 of the hero 6 i had. And i exchanged mine for a new one. And it is a defect. Support said manual update will fix it. Everything the support would have told you. You name it. I did it. It is a hardware defect. I Exchanged mine 6x with different issues. Best advice exchange it and dont upgrade to 1.51.
Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here!
Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same problem! It's quite annoying since it's very bright and can be disorienting specially when you are in a low light environment. I updated my GoPro hoping the 1.60 update will fix it; unfortunately, it doesn't. Here's a gif of GoPro upon turining it on. 

image1.gif
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Looks like it may be calibrating the sensor for low light. Does it happen when you're in a bright area like outdoors in the sun?

Highlighted
Tourist

I have exchange twice and all have the same problem. So a total of 3 which have the same issue. I tried getting to the distributor in Singapore and his response is it is normal which does not make any sense and mentioned GoPro does not view it as an issue.

I've tried switching it on in normal room lighting, under the sun and in the dark. Problem persist.
Highlighted
Backpacker

mine makes the same....I didn't even notice it till I read your post.

hero5 does not have this behaviour.

after goes to sleep, when you "wake up" touching it, makes this white flash to a little less extend.

hero5 does have the same behaviour.

I wouldn't bother too much with.... 

robert

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Not sure what's causing this, but I'll flag this to our engineering teams. Thanks.