Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

White battery indicator on gp7 silver while plugged in and recording

[ New ]
What does it mean when the battery indicator on the top right corner of the screen is colored white while plugged in and recording?
GoPro

Re: White battery indicator on gp7 silver while plugged in and recording

[ New ]

Hello, @vitalflash2712. Which firmware version is your HERO7 Silver on? The battery level indicator does not show up on the display screen when the camera is recording. 

Tourist

[ New ]
That is, right after I stop recording
GoPro

[ New ]

@vitalflash2712. We are not getting a solid white icon for the battery indicator. Right after recording, we see a green battery icon that changes to a green battery icon with the lightning symbol almost immediately. 

How are you charging the camera? Which power source is it plugged into? Also, are you using the original GoPro USB-C charging cable? 

Tourist

[ New ]
I understand. Mine, right after rec., Is a white battery icon w/a "lightning" or "hour glass" symbol indicating to me that it is at a standstill, that is, not charging at that particular moment. I wonder, is it because the battery over heat, or is it just indicating that it simply over passing charge, or is it a warning (?)
Everything thing I'm connecting it to is legitimate. I'll try a different outlet.
Hmm?
Someone must know what a white battery icon with lightning / hourglass means? Lol
Tourist

[ New ]
Here is a picture. (Though not a crisp one)
IMG_20200608_144756_6.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks, @vitalflash2712. Yes, please try a different power source. I tried with both a power bank (the GoPro Power Pack) and through an adapter through a wall outlet and I am not getting the white battery indicator. 

It is true that the camera does not show charging the moment the recording is stopped. There is a second or two gap from a solid green to a green with the flash/lightning icon. 

@fishycomics. By any chance, would you have input on this? Is the white battery indicator something you have encountered before? Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
I guess the question is; is it dangerous to keep recording plugged in for hours, especially for the battery (since the battery is irremovable)?