Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: White battery indicator on gp7 silver while plugged in and recording

@vitalflash2712 wrote:
I guess the question is; is it dangerous to keep recording plugged in for hours, especially for the battery (since the battery is irremovable)?

I dont think it is dangerous, no... I think that the power from the charger is being used for recording instead of for charging and the battery is used minimally... however, the battery will still drain over hours depending on resolution and framerates...

I do this all of the time, for 8hrs and 35minutes as that is what my 128gb sdcard will hold...

I hope this helps...

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you! Yes it helps
Highlighted
Tourist

Aww, now the battery icon turns white (with lightning) and ceases from charging even before recording. It does get hot, but it's in the shade.
It charged fine this morning; did 30minutes recording; stop recording at 100% charge; then white battery logo (lightning within); unplugged to lose battery juice and then I plugged it in again and there was the white battery icon (w lightning) but no charging. Then I turned it off, plugged in, to see if the red light would turn on to no avail/no charge?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @vitalflash2712. If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Highlighted
Tourist

Here's a better picture for reference purposes. Thanks
IMG_20200609_194901_4.jpg