Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Which external mic setting should I be using when connecting a Rode Wireless Go System ?

Hi there, I recently purchased a Rode Wireless Go - Compact Wireless Microphone System, Transmitter and Receiver.

I have a GoPro Hero 7 Black, which has several mic settings. I'd like to know which input mode I am supposed to select out of the following:

1. Standard Mic
  2. Standard Mic+ 
  3. Powered Mic
  4. Powered Mic+
  5. LineIn

Thanks

MK

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Which external mic setting should I be using when connecting a Rode Wireless Go System ?

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Which external mic setting should I be using when connecting a Rode Wireless Go System ?

Hi @kuj

You may check External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor for reference.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer
Sightseer

Hmm, OK but I still don't know if the Rode Wireless Go System is considered a powered mic or not? Which setting would you recommend I use out of the ones provided?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kuj

It will be best to check with the manufacturer to identify the type of microphone you have.

Thanks!
Ej