Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Which Capacity of SD card is recommended for GoPro Hero 7 Black?

I would like to purchase for a SD card for my GoPro Hero7, I have search and found that GoPro website mention that it can support for 32GB and 64GB.

How about 128GB? Can it be supported?

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Which Capacity of SD card is recommended for GoPro Hero 7 Black?

If a certain GB size isn't listed, then it means any size of that particular make/model is recommended. There are a couple SanDisk Extreme Pro cards listed.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

Yes, 128GB cards are supported. For a list of recommended SD cards, you can find it here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Personally, I've found two 64GB cards generally work best and have less chance for error. However, plenty of people use the 128GB cards and find them more convenient.
Tourist

Can I use SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (SDSDXXG-128G-GN4IN)?
Explorer

All of the recommended cards are listed in the link I gave you. The cards from SanDisk that seem to be the most reliable are the ones that have v30 printed on them.
Tourist

I have not seen 128GB SanDisk in the link. So I wonder if SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB with v30 is compatible?
Explorer

If a certain GB size isn't listed, then it means any size of that particular make/model is recommended. There are a couple SanDisk Extreme Pro cards listed.
Adventurer

Is this the card you own in your hand? if yes do test it out, if not , thendo try to look for the recommended card. that would be the best option.  and if it does work do get to gopro feedback and note it to them

gopro  tests out and that are the cards that work 100%.

FISH

feedback is on  the bottom of hte page here

Tourist

I have used Sandisk 128gd cards for some time in my three cameras about two years now, but they can & do go into error from time to time.