Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Where's the customer service???

[ New ]

I've been waiting for a call back for 3 days! My hero black has died and I urgently need a replacement. I have tried everything - sd, battery (bought new one), plug in without batery, tried hold 10 sec reset, nothing - first red light of death and now nada. I need to use it for my work and there has been no way of contact with support!

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Where's the customer service???

[ New ]

Yes finally got through on Chat as I missed the call back (picking kids up from school).

Ken was awesome!! My issues were dealt with and I am very happy with the result. It took some time and I had to upload things and it got sorted.

I think that the actual service I got - once I got through was excellent.

I think that the call back times should reflect the actual times - at least not say 5 mins when it is at least a day or so at the moment (my last request took just over a day). That would alleviate a lot of the disgruntled people on this forum.

But great result!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

[ New ]

STILL WAITING!!!! Anyone else have this problem or is it just in Australia??

Hiker

[ New ]

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.57.17 pm.pngDoes anyone work there anymore?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @steveb64346. We see your callback request in the system. 
Our team is currently working through a high volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual. Rest assured, we'll follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I will be waiting - thank you for the reply. Says call back will be 5 mins on website - 3 days is definately 'slightly' longer.

Hiker

[ New ]

Still no call?? Now it's outside business hours so probably not til tomorrow now? 

GoPro

[ New ]

@steveb64346, sorry for the inconvenience. One of our Support representatives will contact you as soon as they're available.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes I had the same problem in Aus waited 5 days for a call back and got nothing. So I asked for a chat and over 30 min I rewrote the request again and again and shortened the message to one or two words, magic got into a wait list and 10 min later had an agent. Got all the info to return the camera to Sydney and waiting for my replacement, HOPEFULLY!! Time will tell. Terrible system! Let's hope Sydney dispatch ASAP otherwise it will be another **bleep** fight.

Tourist

[ New ]

I believe it is global, I have been trying for two weeks to get through to customer support.  It sucks big time.

Tourist

[ New ]
Had an email today saying there is a delay , 3 DAYS ?? app still says 5 min waiting ?
Need my max sorting out ASAP . Has go pro got problems ? Seem like it ?
73F0729D-B4CC-414F-B27E-59C6512ADDC5.png
Hiker

[ New ]

Whoa David- you got through after a week!! I just had 'dead camera' in my chat message and didn't get through. Glad yours might be on it's way though - yes terrible system!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same issue with me no customer service contact available, agents are busy all the time, need to know that if I ordered gopro from Australia why it got shipped from Singapore and not from Australia itself, my concern is only that I need that in 5 days and express shipping showing express shipment in 2 or 3 days, not sure how does they work
Hiker

[ New ]
Hi Mariustanya, any idea when I might get a call back? I need a camera so bad I just bought a hero 9 from you guys. Still want a replacement for the hero black 7 though.
Hiker

[ New ]

Oh no! I just got an email saying they tried to call!! My number is correct and phone was on, so not sure what happened.

Now I have to follow-up again and request another call back but the function isn't there anymore - only the chat option that just says they are all busy and to try again later!

I think that Covid restrictions are hampering the support. Surely support staff can work from home??

Hoping that I can get a call back/ chat within the week.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hiker

[ New ]
let me know when it arrives - I've just ordered a new one too.
Tourist

[ New ]

I am right there with you...except I have two cameras that are not functioning properly.  I did buy a new one, but I am starting to feel like there must be other options out there.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I too have a faulty Hero 9 and am unable to contact support :(

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @stephenb1784 @grandshore02838

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Tried multiple browsers (configured appropriately as far as I could see) on two PCs as well as an iPhone. Used two different internet connections. Same issue with them all - getting the "agents are busy, try later" message when requesting chat

Tried on my Mac and, as well as the chat option (which I didn't try), it gave me the option of a callback which I received within seconds of submitting the form!

Hiker

[ New ]

Still waiting!!!! 2 weeks now.

On the other hand my Hero 9 arrived in fantastic time.

I would love a call back to replace my hero black 7 so I can have a back up, just waiting..........................

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @steveb64346

We were able o pull up the case and see that someone from Support was able to assist you.

If you have further questions regarding the case, please follow up with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes finally got through on Chat as I missed the call back (picking kids up from school).

Ken was awesome!! My issues were dealt with and I am very happy with the result. It took some time and I had to upload things and it got sorted.

I think that the actual service I got - once I got through was excellent.

I think that the call back times should reflect the actual times - at least not say 5 mins when it is at least a day or so at the moment (my last request took just over a day). That would alleviate a lot of the disgruntled people on this forum.

But great result!

Tourist

[ New ]
Have now been waiting for my suppose call back ??? And tried contacting chat but always comes back . There is no one available please try later . WHAT LIKE 2021 SOMETIME . Wtf ! I’ll
Be trying again today as like all days :() what else is there to do other than try to contact GoPro ??
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @randomsurf

Please try logging another request.

When entering the contact number, make sure not to add a zero after the country code.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

FWIW, I had popup enabled for the gopro website but not the chat pop up - that was fustrating but once I allowed them I got through and was no. 1 inline!  The process took the best part of an hour to sort through so I can understand why the times are long.

I feel your pain though as it took almost 2 weeks for me to get this sorted.

Having said that - now that things have been dealt with I am happy with the result and the service I (finally) got was excellent.

I think that they are getting quicker as the last callback request I asked for came the next day - I missed the call though and that would have had me requesting another, arrgggh - but the chat worked.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I have been trying since 28th November to reach someone from Customer Services. I have tried the call back system, feedback form, survey form, contact form, live chat and even Twitter. 

On 27th Nov I purchased the hero 9 bundle online, it just arrived today. On the 28th Nov I was charged again, on top of the bundle price, for the annual subscription. It came through on a separate invoice charged to my PayPal. I'd like to get this refunded please, and can send the transaction receipts for proof of purchase.

Please contact me as soon as possible. My order number is MU-00675918. My contact information is in the system as I am subscribed and my order did arrive. I don't want to put the screen shots or attachments in this chat room. Please email me for the evidence you require to make this happen.

Regards
Pascale

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @pascaleh6

The subscription and the camera may appear as two separate charges but should still amount to the promo price.
It is best if you can share a screenshot of the charges with our Support Team.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

See attached. First is what was emailed as purchased, i.e. the original invoice with the payment owing for the bundle plus accessories - note it says here the subscription was free and total charges would be $701.19.

Next attachment to come shows the actual charges on my credit card, amounting to $781.17, that is, with the additional $79.99 for the annual subscription.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.40.36 AM.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Attachment 2. Note the exrtra charge happened the day after I purchased the bundle.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 10.37.13 AM.png
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

If you see in my two earlier threads, I sent the screen shots as requested, and this was 2 weeks ago - I have received no response from you, nor any members of the GoPro team. Would you please put someone onto it? It's clear by these totals that I have been charged over and above what I was meant to.

Thank you, and happy holidays.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @pascaleh6

Order-related concerns are best handled by our Support Team.

We do not see any call back requests logged under the email address on your Hub profile.

Please submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Take note of the case number for reference.

Thanks!

Ej