Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Where's my support?! Almost 3 weeks of trying to get support for a GoPro Plus Subscriber. Terrible

[ New ]

I have to say, without a doubt that the GoPro support system is by far the worst support of any paid or unpaid support in the world from what I have experienced and seen throughout this forum (not just the hero 9 forum, all parts of this forum). I am absolutely shocked by how bad it is and how hard it is to actually get in touch with anyone at all.  I have been trying to get support for 3 weeks now, the first week or so was spent constantly trying to get support via the contact us page, with various failings - it constantly says 7 or 8 minutes, that never changes. I tried to get a callback, but the captcha never works (although I've since figured out how to bypass that).

I have left my contact details and description of the issue, after several days I get a callback and it was a silent call, I kept telling them that I couldn't hear them and to try calling back, I stayed on the line as I was desperate until they hung up at around 1 minute. They never called back and a week or two later still haven't called or been in touch. They have my telephone number and email address, but nothing. I have tried too many times to get any kind of support. Please don't tell me that you've tried to get in touch as that is a misleading response and certainly not the case.

Why don't they simply offer a telephone number or email address on their site like every other corporate site? everything has to go through this contact us support page which either doesn't work or doesn't get manned.  I understand that we are in a pandemic, but most of the world has adapted and is able to have support staff work from homes. But to charge for a premium service but not be able to offer it is shocking, and are still doing it too.  I have tried tweeting too but they ignored that also. If I don't get support soon I will find the CEO's details and get in touch directly and explain what's really going on here and seek his response to this and publish it for public viewing.

My issue is simply that the GoPro hero 9 does not connect to the Gopro app - there seems to be a fault with the gopro as I have tried on multiple phones and devices, none can connect. I have done absolutely everything that has been detailed so far throughout this forum, including updating the firmware manually, resetting to factory settings, manually connecting to the gopro (which doesn't work) resetting wifi device connections...

Basically, the Gopro isn't broadcasting a signal (wireless or Bluetooth).  I think under the conditions of the current pandemic, the quality of these devices has declined significantly. Sure, they have great features, but the quality checks don't seem to have been completely thorough. I've bought crap devices from certain countries previously (I won't name here) which mention great features, but always are crap and don't last long, I'm sad to see that this is what I'm experiencing with my gopro 9.

If someone can please get in touch, I either need a replacement or a full refund. I have had this gopro for almost a month and haven't been able to use it. Fortunately, I have another camera that works perfectly so I'm able to use that, but £400 for a device and premium support, with zero support and a faulty device from day one, absolutely terrible.  So much time wasted.

Please get in touch ASAP.

GoPro

Re: Where's my support?! Almost 3 weeks of trying to get support for a GoPro Plus Subscriber. Ter...

[ New ]

Hello, @donaldw656. We see your callback request in the system. Our team is currently working through a high volume of contacts so our response time may be slightly longer than usual.

Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Are you getting any error message? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? Do you get any error message when the pairing fails? A screenshot of what you get on the app will help greatly in isolating the issue. 

Tourist

Re: Where's my support?! Almost 3 weeks of trying to get support for a GoPro Plus Subscriber. Ter...

[ New ]

No error messages, using 3 different Android phones, latest version of gopro app (which has been uninstalled and reinstalled and cache cleaned several times), latest hero 9 firmware manually installed via cable.  No message, the app simply fails to find the camera and reverts back to the 'pick a camera' screen to pair - no point in taking a screenshot as there is no error, it simply doesn't find the camera and after about 30 seconds goes back to the choose a camera to pair screen.  The gopro remains in pairing mode as per the instructions on the app. I've literally tried everything on this forum and other suggestions found online, plus youtube videos. nothing works.  I have now just bought a DJI as I need a second camera for work and cannot wait months to get this resolved - I'm simply stuck - never been in this situation before when I have a device that I cannot use and absolutely no way of contacting support for help or a return. If it doesn't get resolved I will ask my credit card company to step in and get my money back. I'll most likely also be stuck with a device as well as there's really no way to return it is there!

GoPro

[ New ]

@donaldw656, sorry to hear about the trouble. We try to help out as best as we can. What's the phone model used and the Android version installed?

Please try to manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. To do this, send the GoPro App to the background then open the Wireless Connection settings on your phone and manually connect to your GoPro camera's Wi-Fi. Once connected, switch back to the GoPro App.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Interesting since you can only manually install the firmware update via SD card and not via cable.  If you try via cable, you can only access the camera via MTP mode which won't display the root folders (where you need to install the update folder).  

I suggest you try the latest firmware which was released today and claims to fix the issue of the camera not being found by smart phone.

Tourist

[ New ]

I updated manually a month ago and today's update via the SD card. I also installed the most recent gopro app which I see was also just updated.

The app now connects to the camera, so they've partially fixed that bug, but is limited as preview mode and other features fail to work. So still very buggy and still very useless.  It just says to turn off/on Bluetooth, restart devices etc. None of which work, so the app is useless and more bugs need urgently resolved.

still waiting on gopro support getting in touch. that's a month now.

Tourist

Re: Where's my support?! Almost 3 weeks of trying to get support for a GoPro Plus Subscriber. Terrib

[ New ]

Just received Go Pro 9 and I have exactly the same problem connecting app to camera. From reading the forums it sound slike a lot of other people do. 

It sounds like a fundamental fail with either the app or the SW on the Go Pro. 

Are you working on a firmware revision to resolve? 

At the moment the camera just does not provide the basic functionaility that it's advertised to do.

thanks

Phil.

GoPro

Re: Where's my support?! Almost 3 weeks of trying to get support for a GoPro Plus Subscriber. Terrib

[ New ]

Hello @donaldw656

We see that Support has tried to reach out a couple of times but was not successful.

When entering the contact number, make sure not to put a zero after the country code.

Hello @cooltree33877

Were you able to go through the updates?

Please note that we have recently released an update both for the HERO9 Black and the GoPro App.

See if these updates help.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]

Changing to 2.4GHz from 5Ghz Wifi seems to have resolved my issues.

Tourist

[ New ]
@GoPro the update did not work