Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Where is the setting to format the sd card for Hero4 Session?

I just received a gift of a Hero4 Session. I cannot find any option to format the sd card.

The firmware is updated to Version 2. The camera will record to the card, and I can import media from the camera when I connect to my computer via USB.

According to this article, there is no on-camera setting to fomat the card.The instructions refer to the GoPro App, but doesn't specifically say which app. I have connected to the camera using Quik desktop app, but the instructions in the linked article describe settings that do not appear.

There is no wrench icon. There is a gear icon to access settings. But there is nothing there that matches the instructions. There is nowhere to scroll (see screenshot below).

GoPro-camera-settings.jpg

Has the ability to format the card been removed from the latest version of Quik? Or am I supposed to use a different GoPro App?

I am at a loss. I can format using my computer's OS of course, but the documentation indicates I should be able to do that via GoPro software. I can't find the option anywhere.

I'm grateful for any help.

Tourist

Re: Where is the setting to format the sd card for Hero4 Session?

I discovered that those options are only in the smartphone/tablet app, not the desktop app. Having three apps with different capabilities and then just referring to "the GoPro App" is not very clear.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Where is the setting to format the sd card for Hero4 Session?

No, on the camera itself there is no format. and only on the app.  We simply  use the  diver, right click format. not quik.