Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Where is the hero 8 mod?

Go Pro was supposed to release in December and then said January.  Now it's almost March.  I bought the 8 so I could use the mod.  What's up?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Where is the hero 8 mod?

There are three mods for the GoPro Hero 8, which mod are you on about?

The Light Mod went on sale in December.

The Media mod went on sale in January (I've been using mine for weeks now).

The Display mod pre-orders at the end of February to ship in March.

All of this information is easily found online and at the GoPro store, so what seems to be your confusion?

Highlighted
Tourist

That'd odd.  All the online sellers show it as pre-sale and the GoPro website shows it out of stock.  Do you have a link to an online site to by the mod.  Not interested in the light or display.  

Highlighted
Nomad

If it's sold out, then it's sold out.  You'll just have to wait for the restock.  No one here can tell you when that will be as this is a support forum and not a sales office.

You'll get the same standard reply which is "keep checking the store page".

Usually with a high volume production delay, you're looking at a 2 week timeframe for shipments to start coming in, so I'd expect it to be on sale by the end of Feb again.

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought a Hero 8 and I am a Plus member that signed up for an email to alert me when they become available - all very disappointing. Has GoPro been selling the Media Mod? Then, why didn't I get my email from them? 

Highlighted
Tourist

The name of the site is "GoPro Support Hub Ask A Question.Share an Answer Find a Solution.".  I know it's not a sales office but I think it's a legitimate question that maybe someone at GoPro would see and respond to.  I see after I posted there is at least one other person that has the same question.

Sorry if I have offended the mighty GoPro Support Hub gods with this question.  Next time I will stick to lens replacement and freezing software. 

Highlighted
Nomad

I'm very sorry you've taken it upon yourself to be offended at the answer you were given to the question that you asked.  As you rightfully pointed out, this is where anyone can ask a GoPro related question and get an answer.  You were actually given an answer to your question AND you were given additional information.  The GoPro staff on here are not involved in sales, that is a seperate entity completely.  Even if they had inside info, the are most likely under directive not to share it with others due to is causing conflicts with their customer base.  So therefore GoPro support will only be able to give a standard response of "keep checking the sales page" (which I believe is exactly what one of the GoPro staff posted here).

I wasn't saying you couldn't ask, I was letting you know what would happen if you did (and hey, I was right!).

So stop taking offense as there was none intended.  You were just given an answer to a question that you asked, it may not be the answer that you wanted, but it doesn't change the facts of the answer.