Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Where is looping on hero 8

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Where is looping on hero 8

First you must create a new video recording preset. While in video mode select the preset at the bottom. You'll see a list of presets. Scroll to the bottom and select the "+" sign to create a new preset. On the "CHOOSE SETTINGS" screen you are selecting the options you want for the new preset. In the upper left it says, "Mode" and underneath it says, "Video." This is the confusing part. Even though you are in Video Mode and are creating a new video preset, you must select that Mode and change it from "Video" to "Looping". It's confusing because GoPro uses the word "Video" in two different ways. In the first instance, they refer to Video Mode v. Camera Mode. In the second instance, they refer to Video recording v. Looping recording and in this instance the meaning of "Looping" has no overlap with the meaning of "Video". Go figure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @iaria1

You would need to create a Custom Preset. 

Choose Looping for the Mode.

Then change the interval settings to your preference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi there, I cannot find looping when I create a custom preset. Can you help me find it? I don't see a "Mode" setting anywhere. It doesn't appear as a short cut option either. This is my first GoPro and I have to say it's been a very frustrating UX so far (especially as a former mobile product manager). I'm almost ready to return my new Hero8...

Highlighted
Sightseer

nevermind I figured it out. Very unintuitive to have "Looping" as an alternate Mode to "Video." I would think that Looping should be a setting or subcategory of Video. Also, my original edit to my post timed out after a few minutes and now I cannot edit it. That seems a bit... harsh. What is the rationale for a timed editing feature to a message board like this one?
Highlighted
Tourist

I see that you figured out the looping.  Could you please give more detail/path to the settings for looping.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

First you must create a new video recording preset. While in video mode select the preset at the bottom. You'll see a list of presets. Scroll to the bottom and select the "+" sign to create a new preset. On the "CHOOSE SETTINGS" screen you are selecting the options you want for the new preset. In the upper left it says, "Mode" and underneath it says, "Video." This is the confusing part. Even though you are in Video Mode and are creating a new video preset, you must select that Mode and change it from "Video" to "Looping". It's confusing because GoPro uses the word "Video" in two different ways. In the first instance, they refer to Video Mode v. Camera Mode. In the second instance, they refer to Video recording v. Looping recording and in this instance the meaning of "Looping" has no overlap with the meaning of "Video". Go figure.