Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Where is Customer Service?

Can anyone reach customer service? Hours on hold for the 9th time! This is crazy! GoPro's got my camera (under warranty) and I cannot get a straightforward answer from any of these Team Members whatsoever! All they need to do is to ship another camera! What has gone so terribly wrong with this company that are unable to responsibly answer thier phones? Being on hold for hours on end will invariably jack up an otherwise good customer! More harm than good now GoPro.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Where is Customer Service?

Hi @d24now,

It looks like our Support team is working on this for you, and the team members are working with their supervisor. Unfortunately because the camera was not returned using the provided FedEx label it has caused some delays. Looks like the team is coordinating with the warehouse to get this resolved. The best place to get an update will be in your support case. As soon as the Support team has heard back from the warehouse they should give you an update!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Tourist

Ryan, Thanks. GoPro immediately acknowledged receipt of the camera at their warehouse. By Case#. RMA and by SN.

all that happened a month ago. I seek only one (1) thing and one (1) thing only. WHEN WILL I GET A WORKING CAMERA BACK? Your support team isn't following through with this properly, their answers are vague and inconsistent. All I want to know is when the camera will be returned. Can you tell me that? 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

GoPro Support used to be Great. What happened? My new 5 Black Died yesterday. Used it three time indoors. Won't turn on. On Hold with "support" for over an hour. Chat is Never Available. I want my camera fixed, or given a new one. I have extended coverage, Gopro Plus...

C'mon gang. This is NOT right. 

Help, please. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I feel for you Panchito70, I have been on hold now for 2.5 hours today......

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Where is Customer Service? UPDATE

Hello All,

I, too, was angry and frustrated with GoPro Support. But, I saw that some of you were on Hold longer than I was, so I dug in and did this: Discovered that I had GoPro Care, and saw a different Toll Free # to call--888-600-4659. Dialed that number this morning at 8:02am CDT (6:02 in California). On Hold for Fifty minutes, but Kathrina C. patiently took care of me. 

My 5 Black was DOA. No lights, nothing, so because my GoPro Care was up to date, she quickly made it possible for me to send my camera to GoPro. Once they get it, they will send me a new one (Two-Day FedEx).

Note: I saw some complaints about GoPro wanting receipts. I bought my 5 Black, and most of my other GoPros directly from GoPro, so the receipts are in their system. No issue there.

Kathrina C. told me that using CHAT would be another option if I have a problem, but I explained that CHAT had been impossible. Once you have a Tech dealing with your issue, you can email them directly for help, but I guess that works only if you have a similar issue, not a new one.

In the nine years I've been operating GoPro cameras I've had to contact Support only twice. Those times it was quick and easy. Times have changed, obviously, but I am considering this 5 Black dying on me after only three short uses an aberration. But, when I did the Survey I did praised Kathrina C. for her help, but felt compelled to mention the sense of frustration many of us feel when reaching Support is so difficult and time-consuming. 

Good Luck to all.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Where is Customer Service? UPDATE

RYANY12556. Wrong. This may be the case with this one return but I have never been on hold less than 45 minutes. They have had my drone, confirmed by Fedex for 9 day's and simply will not credit my account back the $1700.00 they owe me. I have bought 2 complete drone packages with the camara and grip, 3 other hero5 black and almost everything else GoPro makes. I'm done after this. GoPro always proves to it's customers that after the sale we are on our own.The customer life sucking die waiting on hold line TELLS PEOPLE TO LOOK ELSWHERE FOR HELP. I didn't purchase a single item from anyone on the support group page. I want assistance from the people who gladly took my money. Now spin those facts

Highlighted
Hiker

Notice no more comments from the GoPro guy when called out on where is your stuff