Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Where are the files? Hero9

[ New ]

Hi, I've looked through the web for the last couple weeks but found nothing so hopefullt someone here can help!

I went on a bike trip for 3 weeks and recorded in both 1080p and 4K. When I look in the GoPro Hero9, all the files are there and there is nothing to indicate any problems. When I connect through USB and SD-card adapter I, through Quik and This PC, can see some of the files, I can see that it's only the 1080p footage that are showing, not the 4K material. So I transfered all the 1080p footage, removed it from the SD-card but now it only shows that there is no files to transfer. In Quik it says the SD-card is 90% used and when I look in the camera all the 4K material is there.

Any idea why I can't transfer the 4K footage and how I can transfer it?

My information:

GoPro Hero9

Sandisk Extreme 256GB V30 A2 microsdxc

Sandisk microSD adapter

My computer:

Aspire A514-51

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB
System: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor, Windows 10

Thank you so much! :D

Backpacker

Re: Where are the files? Hero9

[ New ]

When you look with the APP or on the GoPro itself, you're not seeing the 4K files.  What you're seeing is the LRV (low resolution video) files that correspond to what you should have recorded.  Plenty of people are seeing files go "missing" with their GoPro Hero 9 camera when using Sandisk SD cards.  

I would try downloading a freeware program called "recuva", putting your SD card in your SD card reader and running the program.  It may be able to recover the files that you're missing.