Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: When watching the video, the picture freezes sound continues

Now the download works. Firefox always redirected me to the German site.

But the problem persists. In the player the first 3 seconds run then the picture freezes. The sound continues.

Highlighted
GoPro

@exeswizz, you mentioned that the video playback directly in the camera works fine. There could be a problem with either the video conversion or the computer might be having trouble processing the data of the large HD video files fast enough. What are your computer's system specs?

Highlighted
Tourist

The problem occurs very sporadically. Only about every 8th video has this problem. However, it must be on the .360 file.
But was it always so random? And why does the sound continue to work but the picture freezes?

I think the PC is not the problem. Here my PC: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30099732

Intel Core i9-9900K

Nvidia GTX 1070

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 @3200Mhz

Corsair Force NVMe PCIe M.2 960GB

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @exeswizz. Could the file size have to do with the observed issue? Does it matter which resolution settings were used for the recording, or which render settings were used when handling the files in the GoPro Player? 

If these are not observed to be factors, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can take a look at sample files from you and determine what is causing the issue. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request.