Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

When turning on GoPro hero , it starts recording. I cannot get to settings, switch modes, or any.

[ New ]
Cannot get to settings, change modes or anything. Gopro just starts recording in whatever mode its in. If I tell it to stop recording it just shuts off. I have removed batteries and applied the upgrade. Help.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: When turning on GoPro hero , it starts recording. I cannot get to settings, switch modes, or any

[ New ]

You are pressing the top button which is not the power button.  it's the shutter/quick capture button.  This will start recording video immediately and will lock you out of any menu options.

You should power on your camera using the side button which is the mode/power button.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: When turning on GoPro hero , it starts recording. I cannot get to settings, switch modes, or any

[ New ]

You are pressing the top button which is not the power button.  it's the shutter/quick capture button.  This will start recording video immediately and will lock you out of any menu options.

You should power on your camera using the side button which is the mode/power button.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Oh my. Love it when I only use 1 brain cell! Thankx
Nomad

[ New ]

You are very welcome, we all have to start somewhere!  Good luck and have fun with your camera!