Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

When turning off the camera, the time and date stop counting - problem gopro7 black

first day, first problemsWhen turning off the camera, the time and date stop counting. When I turn it on, the time and date are when I turned it off. If I turn it off (I do not take the battery off, I turn it off) at 9am and 1pm in the morning and turn it on at noon at 14am, the camera settings will be 9h and 1min. When the camera is turned on, it counts exactly the hours and days when it is turned off. I made factory reset,  uploaded the last firmware manually, but the problem remains. The camera is one day and there is already a problem!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: When turning off the camera, the time and date stop counting - problem gopro7 black

Hi @martinpro7

I am really sorry about the issue on your mew camera.

Surely, this is not the kind of experience we want you to have.

I have tested a couple of HERO7 cameras and did not encounter the same issue.

Kindly try the manual update one last time.

Make sure that the camera confirms the update. You should see 1/2 then 2/2.

Once done, reset the camera as well.

If it's still the same, please let our Support Team help you further.

You may reach them by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: When turning off the camera, the time and date stop counting - problem gopro7 black

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, it did not happen after the second factory reset and uploading the latest firmware update. Makes the update right, I'm aware of Gropro's products, I've got all of them (+3, 4 blak, 5 black. 6 black and now 7). This is the first piece sold in my country, my joy was great, but for a short time ...

Highlighted
Tourist

now I noticed that when I shut down the camera and released it, the clock is reset to the time I have manually set or synchronized with the computer or the phone when connected. If I ask 15:01 minutes, I turn on the camera for 9 minutes and tell me that the time is now 15:10. If I shut it down and release it again it restarts at 15:01