Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: When is the december 2018 firmware release ?

[ Edited ]

danielr15

Here's the answer for charging, in other thread: (GoPro 7, is not charging while recording. )

We have tested the HERO7 Black to continue recording while being charged. How does it go when the package-included charging cable is used? Also, try testing the camera while being connected to a different power source. The SanDisk Extreme card that you have used is a recommended one, so there should be no issue with it. The Kingston one though is not among the preferred cards. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius"

So, I believe, I should expect charging, as it has been tested.

Cables/chargers, I've got, are having higher specs than what GoPro is using.

I've tried it with original cable as well, no difference. (As expected)

If Gopro can go 1 hour (to have easy numbers to calculate) with the battery, it draws appr. 1A.

USB C can supply 3A... so, even with 1.5A supply, battery should not be drained.

And!!! - it has been "tested"....

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: When is the december 2018 firmware release ?

danielr15

Here's the answer for charging issue, in other thread:

"

We have tested the HERO7 Black to continue recording while being charged. How does it go when the package-included charging cable is used? Also, try testing the camera while being connected to a different power source. The SanDisk Extreme card that you have used is a recommended one, so there should be no issue with it. The Kingston one though is not among the preferred cards. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius"

So I should really expect charging.

Cables,I'm using, are better than Gopro's original.