Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: When is the december 2018 firmware release ?

@rockydusk2535 do we have indicators of battery left or sd card space left while recording ?

GoPro

Hi everyone,

The update was released today.

Please let us know if you noticed any issues that is not resolved. 

We'll take note of it. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ Edited ]

ok

had to do manual update

failed to do automatic update twice with camera plugged into computer and quik on. (mac)

will be doing some video in morning all being well.

Backpacker

@enc3ladus wrote:

do we have indicators of battery left or sd card space left while recording ?

nope, still just the video run time

Explorer

@rockydusk2535

Nice to know GoPro got the update released early December Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

First, I would like to thank the GoPro engineers that were able to get this update out so quickly after the product launch. I'm sure there were many late nights and burning of the midnight oil.

Also, I would like to thank the GoPro Moderators and Customer Service for patiently working with the customers and handling concerns professionally and as best you could.

I am glad that this update does in fact improve the low light image at night; however, I am a little disapointed that we were not given the option for choosing the type of stabilization we would like to use. I understand that having Hypersmooth dynamically adjust to the light and reduce the strength automatically was probably the right move, as the majority of users do not change settings to get the best shot and thus complain about the end result. However, I was getting pretty good results in most cases and enjoyed having the stronger stabilization. In some cases, changing to Standard stabilization was necessary as the light would get too low, and of course, at night with very little ambient light, turning stabilization off was the best setting.

Please pass on to the team, that for at least one user, having the options for the following stabilization options on EVERY Hypersmooth resolution/frame rate would be ideal and highly appreciated:
Auto - Hypersmooth automatically adjust to available light reducing stabilization as needed to ensure the cleanest image
Hypersmooth Lock - Hypersmooth strength remains constant at a high level ensuring the smoothest video (in low light images may become blurry or distorted)
Standard - Regular stabilization without Hypersmooth processing. Good for lower light or slow camera movement.
Off- No stabilization applied.

Overall, I think this update is impressive and certainly improves the functionality of the camera, and I thank the GoPro team for getting it out. If nothing else though, please allow for the option of Standard stabilization on All resolution/frame rates where Hypersmooth is currently available.

Hiker

[ Edited ]
Hiker

@ilpol3114 wrote:

A new release?

Hope, charging problem has been solved....

Last night.

see my post a few up with release notes.