Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue?

Tourist

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

Same problem here!
Tourist

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

[ Edited ]

Good day,

I have the same issue as well Smiley Sad

Each time when i turn it on, the first thing that comes out on screen is that very bright white flash and then to normal screen. It becomes a wee bit irritating each time when u turn it on. Here's a photo of the bright white flash of light as attached.

Please advice support team. Do advice us either to make a claim under warranty at our local store if we have a faulty unit or is this a firmware issue ? Im running version 1.51

Thank you

Capture.JPG
Hiker

I had the same issue. Talked to rep. Told me to do manual update. It is defective. I had to exchange my hero 6, six times just to find one which doesn't have a defect. 2 of those had the same issue that flashes white light when turned on. Maybe its just a matter of time until the lcd fails. So better exchange it now.
Here are the other issues i found:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero-6-software-and-hardware-bugs-exchanged-mine-5x/td-p/6885...
Backpacker

mine does it when it instantly when I first turn it on, but never thought of it as an issue. I've got alot of other devices that do weird & wonderful things first thing when they are firing up, is it really a problem!

Hiker

You may not notice now that it is a problem. It may or may not break the lcd in the future. It is just weird that i had 6 hero 6 2 of them had the same issue. Both firmware 1.0 and 1.51. I conclude it might be a hardware issue. Sudden burst of power delivery to the lcd? Or it is just a broken lcd? But i definitely conclude it is a problem. And definitely, the quality control on this camera sucks.
Tourist

Guys, 

Sad to to say that update 1.60 didnt fix the issue =(

Did you guys managed to exhange your unit with a new Hero 6 under warranty?

Cheers

Tourist

My GoPro also does this. This is quite annoying. The flash in the screen is very bright that it can be disorienting specially when in you're in low light environment. I also updated mine to 1.60, but this issue still isn't solved.