Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

Don't worry about it. I had mine replaced three times and all with the same blinking screen when switched on. It seems to be normal on the 6
Explorer

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

I am literally chatting with GoPro Support right now. Replacements are NEW and not refurbished.
Tourist

"I am literally chatting with GoPro Support right now. Replacements are NEW and not refurbished."

I do the same and thy said they repalce with refurbished. Maybe there are differences between germany and other countries.

Explorer

Perhaps but I had them look at this thread and I was told that I am correct and that the information you received was incorrect. This question has come up before and a GoPro representative came on to say that all replacements are new and not refurbished.
Tourist

This is the excerpt from my chat log, unfortunately in German:

"Michael (21.3.2018, 13:00:20): sollten sie die kamera austauschen wollen steht ihnen der austausch selbstverstaendlich frei. allerdings kann ich ihnen nicht versprechen das es nicht bei der neuen kamera wieder zu dem von ihnen bemaengelten aufblitzen kommt.

Ich (21.3.2018, 13:02:07): ok, darauf wollte ich bisher nicht zurückgreifen, da mir gesagt wurde, dass es sich dann um eine refurbished kamera dann handelt. ich habe meine erst am samstag geholt

Michael (21.3.2018, 13:03:51): ja, bei den austauschkameras handelt es sich um refurbished kameras welche von uns kontrolliert worden."

Explorer

Google translate:

"
if you want to replace the camera, the exchange is of course free for you. However, I can not promise you that it does not come with the new camera back to the bemaengelten flashing.

I (21.3.2018, 13:02:07): ok, I did not want to fall back on it, because I was told that it is then a refurbished camera then. I did not bring mine until Saturday

Michael (21.3.2018, 13:03:51): yes, the exchange cameras are refurbished cameras which have been controlled by us."

Misinformation, misunderstanding, or they do replace with refurbished cameras in Germany. I can only go by what has been stated on this site by GoPro and by the Support Team members I've spoken with.
Tourist

I agree with that. I can only repeat what different support staff have said or written to me.

But I think it would be best, if GoPro made an official statement on the flashing displays.

At the moment there are unfortunately many different statements. And just say that the flashing is normal, but what does not affect all cameras, is simply a lie. It would be normal if all cameras had these flashing screen on startup.

So it is not surprising that some think it might be a hardware bug.

And to say in an unusual activity that it is normal, but you can not explain what it is and why it does not appear on the other cameras does not seem very convincing then.

Hiker

I am at 2.01 and have the same issue. This is my 2nd 6. First one populated in all fps and resolutions. My current Go Pro 6 foot only flashes when turned on. It l also takes an uncomfortable amount of pressure to put a battery in and I have to pull so hard on the battery to remove it that I am afraid that the tab might break. BTW - I've tried several batteries. All were a struggle to push in and pull out. I am wondering about quality control at the factory.