Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

Hi,

just bought a Hero 6 yesterday with exactly the same problem.

Updated to FW 1.60, problem still remains.

I'va talked to german support chat a few minutes ago, they said it's not really a problem, but there are newer models out there, and they will replace my Hero 6 with such a new one.

Any other news on this problem? What says US support?

Rene

Sightseer

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

[ Edited ]

Hi Convoi,

just bought a Hero 6 yesterday. Same issue with the flashing display. Also updated to the new 2.01 Software ... still same issue. On top of that I have also huge issues with my battery ... ripped of the attached lever because the Samsung battery is such a tight fit you can hardly pull it out.

Did you receive a replacement Hero 6? What is the serial number range? Mine is C3221325589690.

Do you have also the battery issue? (Samsung or alternative battery manufacturer? ... Heard the problem is only with the Samsung batteries ...)

Hiker

I had my Gopro 6 replaced for the 3th time. My Gopro is fine now. In the first 2 my battery got stuck and I could not remove it anymore so I had to sent it back.

The problem seems to be the camera. I only had Samsung brand batteries. I still have Samsung batteries but I can easy remove them out of the camera I have now.
Sightseer

Can you send me the Serial / Batch Number of your model (printed on the package Like "C3221325589690"). And has it a colored GoPro logo on the front or greyscale?

Hiker

The Gopro has a greyscale logo.
My serial number is C 32213 24863 ...
Tourist

Hi there, i have the same Issuse with two of my GoPro Hero 6. I bought them on Saturdays and the problems are also after the update of the firmware on v 2.01. The German support is unfortunately unfriendly and tries to sell the problem as a normal function. But how can it be normal if the problem is not with all GoPro Hero 6?

But if I send in my camera, they would just replace my 5 days new Gopro with a recycled Gopro.

I think it's not right to sell an improper GoPro for the full price. Whats going on GoPro???

Explorer

It's not an issue. The camera is, and will continue, to work fine.

BTW: they don't replace with recycled GoPro cameras. When GoPro replaces a camera it is with a new camera. They do test it and it it comes in plain packaging (not the marketing box) but it isn't refurbished or pre-owned.
Tourist

"BTW: they don't replace with recycled GoPro cameras. When GoPro replaces a camera it is with a new camera. They do test it and it it comes in plain packaging (not the marketing box) but it isn't refurbished or pre-owned."

Thats not true, i called with the support and they sayed i get only a refurbished one.