Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

I'm sorry sir but that's just not true ,I called  couple times customer support (which was very helpfull and friendly by the way)   and all of them told me  that's not normal  and one of them asked engineer who also confirmed  that  camera is defective  and that I should send it back to gopro which I did  now 4th time and LAST TIME , I just don't have time for this.

I think  that gopro  should do recall on  hero 6  because of tons of problems.   I experienced   a lot of problems  with 4 camera  hero 6  like quick (hard) flashing,  turning on by itself ,bluish picture .

If all this issues  can not be fixed  by  new firmware  I  just don't see any other option then recall.

Backpacker

Re: When I turn on my GoPro Hero 6 then screen blink in white. I whould like how to solve this issue

GoPro didn't recall Hero 6's for the v1.5 problem, they certainly aren't going to because you suspect a flash on start-up is an issue lol

Sightseer

I bought the gopro 6 yesterday, and it comes with this problem, should I return it?

GoPro Community Manager

No. It's normal.

Hiker

Same thing with my Gopro 6 which I got in yesterday. I have been on the chat with the helpdesk of Gopro for a hour.  The guy who helped me was very helpfull and friendly but never heard of this issue. He advised me to return the GoPro.....

Whats going on with your helpdesk. If they tell me that this is normal on the gopro 6 then I rest my case but they tell me to replace it and you are saying its normal....... confusing!!!

Nomad

hi all,

hero5 has the same feature/issue (I think I wrote this somewhere in this forum...)

lets see short two videos:

first...power on hero5 on the right and hero6 on the left

on hero6 yes, somehow that blink is more obvious

https://youtu.be/OGP5QeMXHu0

second... wake-up the touch screen:

here that blink is almost the same.

https://youtu.be/v4UY_YcfRok

If I were you, I would not bother too much...

have a nice weekend!

robert

Uploaded by Robert Kirr on 2018-01-26.
Uploaded by Robert Kirr on 2018-01-26.
Tourist

Hi all also have this issue, if Gopro can please confirm if this is an issue or not. Reason being it varies from gopro to gopro (hero 6 black) so really need abosute confirmation on this.  This is the 3rd gopro replacement, last two was due to other issues.  

It does seem there's a quality control issue where each gopro can vary if there are issues or not.

I hope gorpo can please confirm perhaps provide an fix via firmware that will fix this

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Per @jefft from GoPro, "No. It's normal."

You can find it a few post above this one.

He also stated, "This does appear to be a normal function as the screen powers on. It has no impact on the camera itself or on its functions."