Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Whats the best way to edit and export video longer than the 60sec allowed in Quik?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: Whats the best way to edit and export video longer than the 60sec allowed in Quik?

If you want a Quik type video (synched to music) the best option is to use the mobile app. You have more options, can make longer videos, and can use your own music if you wish.

For desktop editing, @robert1326 gives some good options. You can also try other free software such as DaVinci Resolve and VSDC video editor. There are others, but those are pretty good options to look into.

If you have an iOS device, you should also check out Splice by GoPro.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: Whats the best way to edit and export video longer than the 60sec allowed in Quik?

hi,

I have Win8.1 on my laptop so I'm kind of limited in options.

I use GoPro studio and lately Windows Movie maker. Both free.

there are out there many other options.

https://clicklikethis.com/free-gopro-editing-software/

robert 

Explorer

If you want a Quik type video (synched to music) the best option is to use the mobile app. You have more options, can make longer videos, and can use your own music if you wish.

For desktop editing, @robert1326 gives some good options. You can also try other free software such as DaVinci Resolve and VSDC video editor. There are others, but those are pretty good options to look into.

If you have an iOS device, you should also check out Splice by GoPro.