Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

What's the deal with these blurry photos? My phone takes better photos!

I was excited to get my new hero 8 black only to be disappointed. The footage is far off from the advertisements Crystal clear images. Any advice or help with settings or is this what I actually paid for? A camera that takes worse photos than my phone?
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: What's the deal with these blurry photos? My phone takes better photos!

You should probably post some of the blurry photo's that you're talking about, otherwise people cannot see the issues you're talking about and can't really help.

The difference between the "crystal clear" photo's you're seeing online is that the people who post those photo's also tend to know how to use camera's professionally and know how to run them through a photo editor to get the best shot possible.

If you're getting blurry photos when you go to take a photo, try disableing HDR mode and use superphoto instead.  HDR takes 3 seperate shots and combines them into one photo so you get a proper blend of low light, high light and midrange light.  Great for static shots taken from a tripod, but if you or your subject is moving or you're holding the camera in your hand, then you will see blur.

Tourist

Ja, Beispiele wären gut, aber man muss auch sagen, die GoPro ist nicht wirklich besonders gut, was Fotos betrifft und die Qualität lässt mit schlechter werdenden Lichtverhältnissen sehr schnell nach. 

Einstellungen hat man nicht viele, Schärfe etwas reduzieren würde ich empfehlen, auf Mittel. Wunder kann man von dem kleinen Teil nicht erwarten. 

Ja, Handyfotos sind besser in den meisten Fällen :)

Wenn Fotos im Vordergrund stehen, ist für den Preis eine Actioncam die falsche Wahl. 

:) ja, die Qualität der Demobilder und -videos ist schon erstaunlich. Bekommt man selber nur schwer hin und vieles ist Nachbearbeitet.

Tourist

I’m very happy with the photo quality. The payoff is simple, I can’t carry a dslr and do selfies when snowboarding but I can carry an el grande and GoPro and once you dial in the best photo settings for the scenario it’s all good!
Do a search on Instagram and you’ll see some great photos!

OP. There are plenty of articles on the web for dialling in your settings. Just google it.

The only thing I wish GoPro would do is change the kooky raw format to something Lightroom mobile friendly...