Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

What's best file format to use in Premiere to maintain 4k60 file size/quality after editing 4k 60?

[ New ]

I'm trying to figure out which file format to save the edited files to so that I don't lose quality or create file sizes that are too large.   The native format uploads to youtube in reasonable file sizes but some of the choices on Premiere for 4k60 either degrade the quality of the footage, or create file sizes that are ridiculously larger than the original (which has perfect quality at a reasonable file size).   I just want to maintain what comes out of the camera in terms of quality and file size, after I'm done editing.   There are so many choices in Premiere that I'm not sure which to pick.   Haven't found the right one yet.   Anyone?

Explorer

Re: What's best file format to use in Premiere to maintain 4k60 file size/quality after editing 4k 6

[ New ]
If you are going to upload to YouTube, is best to use a 1080p/60fps timeline. When exporting, you want to use v2 with a target bitrate of 15 Mbps and a max of 45 Mbps. It should be h.264 and mp4. Choose maximum bit depth, but DO NOT select Maximum Render Quality as this often makes highly compressed image formats, or those containing compression artifacts, look worse because of sharpening.