Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

What's Wrong With Gopro Player On The Mac...

What's Wrong With Gopro Player On The Mac?

I use a Macbook Pro i7 16gb. Well here are my thoughts...

1- Exporting as ProRes makes a huge file. An 8 minute 4gb .360 file exports to 60gb mp4 file. Imagine having 2 hours plus of footage to export.

2- No Batch Export. This makes exporting multiple files frustrating, tedious and timely.

3- Exporting as H.264 gives more manageable sized mp4 file, but takes about 2 hours to export the .360 file.

4- Turning 'World Lock' off is available when exporting a spherical video, but when working with flat video, there is no option to turn off World Lock. It's definitely needed for people that make longer videos with multiple frequent direction changes. (It work extremely well on the Insta360 software)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: What's Wrong With Gopro Player On The Mac...

Hello @garyw3570. Thank you for the feedback. We have passed these along to the team. Rest assured that we will continue to improve the user experience of the app.

A new version of the GoPro Player was released last November 25th. This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

• Fixed stabilization issue for videos without World Lock.
  • Fixed horizon leveling issue for MAX TimeWarp and TimeLapse videos that were trimmed.  
  • Squashed a few bugs and made a couple of enhancements.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: What's Wrong With Gopro Player On The Mac...

Hello @garyw3570. Thank you for the feedback. We have passed these along to the team. Rest assured that we will continue to improve the user experience of the app.

A new version of the GoPro Player was released last November 25th. This update includes the following bug fixes and improvements:

• Fixed stabilization issue for videos without World Lock.
  • Fixed horizon leveling issue for MAX TimeWarp and TimeLapse videos that were trimmed.  
  • Squashed a few bugs and made a couple of enhancements.