Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

What now...

Just got back from colorado. Everything was going great with my Hero5 black, next thing i know my boyfriends pocket was SUPER hot. The go pro was steaming!!! Tried turning it on and nothing at all. Took out the battery let it cool off and as soon as you put the battery back in it gets SUPER hot again. I havent even had this go pro for a month. I tried contacting their lines and was on hold for 2 hours and nothing..I just want to get this fixed asap! Help please...

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: What now...

if you just got the camera and have the reciept try heading back to where you bought it, and explain exactly what has happened and  also tell them  you're on with support but to no avail. and see what they can do about  the issue you have if it is faulty

Try removing the card. and  try factory resetting in prefrence if H5B   and see if it pops on again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

if you just got the camera and have the reciept try heading back to where you bought it, and explain exactly what has happened and  also tell them  you're on with support but to no avail. and see what they can do about  the issue you have if it is faulty

Try removing the card. and  try factory resetting in prefrence if H5B   and see if it pops on again.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have tried removing the card as well, it does not even turn on anymore.
Highlighted
Explorer

What SD card and firmware are you on? Also, were both doors securely sealed?

Remove the battery and SD card. Replace only the battery and see if the camera will turn on/charge. If yes, let it complete charging while off and then while holding down the shutter, turn the camera back on. Release the shutter and turn off. Format your recommended SD card and download the manual update. Remove the battery and wait fifteen seconds and replace the SD and then battery. Turn the camera on and it should update.