Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

What kind of connector is used for the Hero 4 microphone socket?

[ Edited ]

I purchased a microphone that connects directly into the connector on the side of the GoPro Hero 4 Silver; however I need to purchase an extension cable for the microphone.  The socket on the side of the GoPro looks like a mini-USB connector, but it's not.  A standard mini-USB plug will fit into that socket, but I purchased a standard mini-USB extension cable (like the one here: ), but the plug on the microphone won't fit into the socket on the extension cable.

So -- I need to know what kind of connector that is and/or where I can get an extension cable that will fit into it.

I've contacted the microphone manufacture (Polsen), but they were less than helpful, to put it mildly.

Thanks.

~ Bryan

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: What kind of connector is used for the Hero 4 microphone socket?

It's defenitely mini-USB.

Did you get a propper Mini B Male to Mini B Female Extension ...

Maybe get this solution instead for long range cables.

71D07KJFy5L._SL1500_.jpg
Tourist

It's definitely not mini-USB, or at least not a normal 5-pin mini-USB connector.  Compare the picture provided to this one:

031.png

Can you see how the connector in the image above has conductors on only one side of the connector (the "wide" side), whereas the imate of the microphone connector shows conducttors on both sides of the connector (on both the "wide" and "narrow" sides).

Tourist

I'm beginning to think may be a standard min-USB 3.0 connector.