Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

What is this extreme blue noise?

This is happening with blues all the time on my new Hero 6 Black

blue.JPG

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: What is this extreme blue noise?

@darrend82377 - Looks like it might be a low light issue when shooting at high frame rates. What frame rate and resolution were you shooting in?

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jeff

Thank you for your reply.

I was recording at 2.7K 50fps, I purchased the camera in time for my holiday and most of my low light footage is unusable.

Are you suggesting that this camera is not able to handle higher frame rates in low light? this means i will be unable to slow down any low light footage which i could do on previous models.

Also Ive noticed that the camera freezes from time to time and the red LED lights dont extinguish when the battery is fully charged.

Im considering returning this Camera due to these issues as I was expecting a £500 camera to perform better.

Regards

Darren

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

welcome to the club darrend82377. if you look through the support forums you will see there seem to be quite a few issues with the new gopro hero 6 at present for quite a few people. Best hope is its all going to be fixed by a firmware update sometime in November. but like you said not great for a brand new £500 camera. I pesonally have returned mine whilst its still in the 30 day return window. If they get the issues fixed i'll buy it again then. but i guess you have to decide whats best for your situation. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The effect reminds me of being in an 80’s Dire Straits music video but I suppose the song title is apt for the Hero 6 “Money for nothing” Maybe GoPro are having a laugh at everyone’s expense?

The whole USP for me was the higher frame rates on the Hero 6 and to be told I cant use them in low light is crazy!!

I may just take mine back within the 30 days as suggested and see what GoPro do to improve this camera, I may hold out for the Rollei 4K 60fps at the fraction of the cost4K 60fps at the fraction of the cost. dire straits.png