Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

What is the range range of wifi on Hero7 Black

I seen to have limited range on the remote control on my GoPro of about 3m and I thpught it would be a lot more than that? Beyond all i get is the "LIVE" view but no functionality and just get connection failed message everytime.

Also which is the best frequency 2,4 or 5 with using with an IPad 7th geberation and iPhone8

Thanks

Malkie

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: What is the range range of wifi on Hero7 Black

Hello, @malcolmp274. GoPro App's range is between 35-50 feet depending on the wireless interference in your area. 

Please make sure that your mobile devices are updated to the latest OS version and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed. After the updates, restart your phone and try pairing with the camera again. See if this clears out the issue with connectivity. 

For further troubleshooting steps, check out Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues . There is a portion in this article that discusses the supported Wi-Fi band and regional connectivity. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for that but max after restting is 10m range max with either device

Malkie

Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the update, @malcolmp274. To verify, did your testing result in getting a 10-meter range for Wi-Fi using the iPad and the iPhone? This range would sound about right although not the ideal maximum range. The difference could be attributed to possible existing interference in the area. 

Highlighted
Hiker

I reload the Firmware on the GoPro and reset both the iPhone and iPad.

what I also found is the aspect of the camera made a difference for some reason. If I was at 90deg to the camera achieved the best range but the other way range went down to 5m. Strange?

Malkie

Highlighted
GoPro

@malcolmp274.How was the aspect of the camera measured or determined? Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Aspect with camera at 90 deg and straight on to the iPad or iPhone.

Best results with the camera at 90 deg with left edge facing the iPhone or iPad.