Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Wh is the bottom of my screen black?

image.jpgSo I noticed my gopro hero black 5 has a black strip at the bottom of the screen which prevents it from utilizing the whole screen. Does anyone know why that is? If its either the screen or a firmware with an update or something?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Wh is the bottom of my screen black?

It's not an issue or a problem. Touch the screen again and the settings will appear over the black bar. The black bar is just framing the screen for the resolution you are using. If you switch to 4:3 you'll notice the black bars on either side of the picture. 4K and I believe the black bar disappears.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Highlighted
Adventurer

Did you touch the touchscreen  to turn off OSD?

Highlighted
Anonymous

Is that the scren displaying the options? It's off but is there suppose to be a black display at the bottom?

Highlighted
Adventurer

scfreen will show your   res, fov and some touch it it will OSD on you  on screen display on or off 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Did someone ever figure this out?

Mine is doing the same thing :(

Highlighted
Tourist

Mine GoPro 6 started doing the same thing and have not even taken it out of the house! There is a thick black bar at the bottom of the screen in the Video mode. It actually cuts the video at that point. It looks like the video has been offset vertically upwards...

How do I fix this? (not putting a screenshot as its the same as the OP photo)

Highlighted
Tourist

I have same issue. Is it software issue? This black bar just appears on video mode, when I switch to the camera mode it normal.
I wanna fix this problem! Thanks!
The issue picture!
https://i.imgur.com/mZVM6o1.jpg