Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Werid glitch/artifact on right side of GoPro screen while recording

Hi, I just picked up my first GoPro the other day. Hero7 Black.

I was recording in 4K60 this evening and noticed that while recording, I'd get a weird artifact/screen glitch on the right side of the GoPro's screen. It sort of flickers in for a fraction of a second, disappears, and repeats. Noticed especially while panning/moving the camera. I obviously don't see it when the screen turns off while recording.

The glitch doesn't appear in the recording itself, but I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Nomad

Re: Werid glitch/artifact on right side of GoPro screen while recording

Haven't seen anything like this myself, it would help if you could get some video footage or a picture of the glitch as it happens.  It may just be a form of screen tearing if you're panning the camera too fast, the small screen on the back may not be able to keep up with fast movements. Again, hard to say without seeing an example.

Sightseer

I'm familiar with screen tearing, but this looks more like codec corruption. I'll try and get a video of it.

Adventurer

what happens when lowering the brightness and not near  any othe electronics?    what happens if you gently tap the camera?