Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Webcam through USB washed out?

[ New ]

Why is the webcam so washed out on my skin? Ive checked on OBS, Discord, Zoom. All have the same washed out effect. Also there is noticeable noise/artifacts to see.

Hero 9 Webcam Feed

2021-01-31 17_56_05-OBS 26.1.1 (64-bit, windows) - Profile_ Twitch - Scenes_ Streaming.png

In camera video is perfect. I heard that lower GoPro cams can change settings while in webcam mode (protune?). I dont have that option on my Hero9.

Nomad

Re: Webcam through USB washed out?

[ New ]

Since the GoPro is actually an action camera emulating a webcam and not a dedicated webcam, there are going to be less options available for adjusting colors and image settings.  The GoPro works as a webcam but with limited options.  If you want to have more options such as protune options and color adjustments, you would be better off purchasing a media mod and using the HDMI out in conjunction with a HDMI capture card.  

Nomad

Re: Webcam through USB washed out?

[ New ]

Nha, its okay. I have 2 hi-res webcams which do a perfect job. Was just wondering, why its so washed out.

I am busy atm making my Feiyutech G6 compatible with my Hero9.

g6

Ive 3d printed a bracket for it, but its a bit to lose.

Now trying with the metal 48mm feiyutech bracket. Some foam and padding does wonders.

Only waiting on some 30mm m2 screws to fasten it.

04AZ6Axl.jpg