Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Webcam desktop utility with multiple GoPros

[ New ]

Hi, is it possible to run multiple GoPros with WebCam Utility? Let's presume I have a live stream with multiple GoPros, how would you manage it if the Webcam Desktop utility only consumes a single GoPro...

Thanks for your help.

GoPro

Re: Webcam desktop utility with multiple GoPros

[ New ]

Hello, @artworked. You will have to have multiple devices to run the webcam utility on in order to use multiple GoPro cameras.The tool can only accommodate one camera at a time. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I think the first part of your answer is meaningless, and the second part makes the utility truly useless for pro users. Shame.

Thanks for making it clear

Nomad

[ New ]

I think you do not read it carefully or you do not understand the answer. You have to run multiple imstances of the webcam software. One instance for each camera you have. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Could you please point out where the word "instance" was used on the initial response?

Also, do you seriously think suggesting (using multiple devices) is an answer of someone who can think logically ?

So I'm suggested to buy another laptop because my second cam can't be used on my laptop with utility that can only take a single cam....

DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!

Hiker

[ New ]
"The tool can only accommodate one camera at a time. " This is the only valid par and the only one needed... everything else was pointless and actually worst than that (I'll remain polite for the occasion)
Nomad

[ New ]

"tool" is the software. Just start multiple instances. But if you choose to reply to me without trying, be my guest. I don't care. You asked something and the people on this forum try to help you. success

Nomad

[ New ]

Could you please point out where the word "instance" was used on the initial response?

Also, do you seriously think suggesting (using multiple devices) is an answer of someone who can think logically ?

So I'm suggested to buy another laptop because my second cam can't be used on my laptop with utility that can only take a single cam....

DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!

Reading your reply, I'm sure you still don't get it. LOL.

I never indicated to use multiple devices as in laptops. Haha

Multiple instances of the software I mean. Or do you still not understand? Teh google it how to start multiple instances.

Seriously, as an alternative I suggest to get some USB (HD 1080p) (web)cams and plug them into an USB hub and use this setup.  

Nomad

[ New ]

Some last advice: use virtual machines on your computer. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Ah so by saying multiple devices you meant multiple instances... I see, and I was wondering how have I ever made it to be a senior software dev. Thank you Mr brain... (with no brain)
Nomad

[ New ]

Sr software developer and seeking help????? So, then write your own software to get it working Mr. oh so sr software developer LOL

All bla bla bla. Whatever bro, it is not my problem you have. I don't care. Fix it yourself.

Hiker

[ New ]
Why wouldn't I? you (or whoever did) suggested a hack... seriously, this forum is for the Gen Pop. id***