Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Webcam Function not working on Hero 9

[ New ]

It is working without issue on my mac with MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm also having this issue. 

Debating returning the camera unless this is resolved quickly. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@royalgorge31442 wrote:

It is working without issue on my mac with MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Thanks for the reply, I'm running Cata 10.15.16. So maybe its some kind of compatability issue with the current build. Funny that the H8 webcam function still works for me though.

Either way, they need to get to work and fix this mess

Hiker

[ New ]

I am having the EXACT same issue. I have tried everything, but I am thinking it is an issue with Catalina 10.15.7. However, the 8 Black works without issue. Gopro where you at??

Tourist

[ New ]

This worked for me. It's just mind boggling that the 'genuises' at Gopro excludes that from their instructions on the download page. I mean really?

Hiker

[ New ]
What worked for you? Did you try something different than the rest of us?
Tourist

[ New ]

Here is what worked for me. 

1. I installed the software which loads the app in the sytem menu and allowed the Mac to restart. 

2. After being unable to connect my gopro to the mac, I came on here and read the post that said the preferences connection settings should be 'Go Pro Connect' and not 'MTP'. Well mine was set to MTP. Once I changed it to 'Go Pro connect' the blue light came on in the system tray. I was able to preview the camera and use it.  

3. Make sure that at no time during your use of the camera you allow the usb to disconnect. If that happens, you will get all those weird gopro connect errors: 8, 3, 11 and so forth. All you have to do if you see that is turn off the camera. When you turn it back on it should work. 

** I added the comment to point out my frustration with the entire commercial industry and their incomplete instructions that are usually provide. Would it have been to difficult to specify that the connection option for the webcam is 'Go Pro connect'? I think not. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Oh...make sure you connect directly to your computer for the best performance. Avoid hubs or apple display etc...they create glitches after you start using the webcam.