Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Webcam Connection Problem with Hero 10

[ New ]

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Hero 10 as a web camera. I download the Webcam App and connected the Gopro with its original USB-Cable. At the first time after I klicked "Show Preview", it works well. After that I disconnected my Gopro. In the next day when I connected my gopro , open the app and klicked "Show Preview", at first it done well, but when change lens, it didn't react. I disconncted the camera and tried to connect it again, it didn't. And I tried all the methods online by Gopro and even reset the camera and reinstalled the App, it didn't work.

I have noticed that when I connect the Gopro with the computer, there will be a blue point at the logo of the Webcam App, but after a few second the blue point disappears.

I hope some expert can help me

the Version of Webcam app is 1.2.0.738 and the Version of Gopro system is 1.16

Thanks a lot

Zhengyang

GoPro

Re: Webcam Connection Problem with Hero 10

[ New ]

Hi @zhengyangw03508

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Have you tried using a different port or cable?

You may also check  https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Webcam-FAQ-and-Troubleshooting/ta-p/633691

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I too have GoPro Hero 10 and is gaving same issue. I tried with 3 cables; 1 that came with camera, 1 that came with Media Mod, and 1 that came with Light Mod. NOTHING WORKED!!! Can't believe that you're trying to direct it to cable issue. There is no support for now per all the users who tried it. So, please tell us how is can be sorted out and what is the colution GoPro is giving or will do to fix it.

Tourist

[ New ]

Good evening,

I am having the same problem as the Original Poster.

I have tried using several different cables and different USB 3 ports. Regardless of what I try the device fails to connect to the application. I have a fully updated Firmware at 1.20 and the GoPro Webcam app is 1.2.0.783.

There are several YouTube videos on this same topic and it seems to be more than just a few users having this problem. As one of the videos I watched pointed out, perhaps it has something to do with the manual USB selection feature not being present in the Hero10. The computer definitely detects the GoPro and I can access the files with no issue, but I cannot use the camera as a webcam.

Thanks.

Hiker

[ New ]

+1, WebCam Mode also does not work

Tourist

[ New ]
Why isn't GoPro support not responding to this issue? Any plans on addressing this problem?
Tourist

[ New ]
Just thinking loud. Did anyone try with HDMI post via Media Mod? I have Media Mod but do not have HDMI cable. Can anyone shed some light here if this approach works for GoPro Hero 10 to be used as Webcam as Type C port doesn't seem to work and GoPro support isn't responding either to this problem questions.
Tourist

[ New ]

I can probably help you. I have Windows 11, and I had to go into the device manager and remove the driver then it worked fine as a webcam.

First, make sure you have the most up to date firmware. After that these steps should solve your problem.

1. Open Device Manager
2. Expand "Network adapters"
3. Find "GoPro UsbNcm Host Device
4. Right-click "Uninstall device"
5. Check the box that reads "Attempt to remove the driver for this device"
6. Click "Uninstall"

In the worst case you can reinstall the driver, but this worked for me.
Tourist

[ New ]

Screenshot 2022-01-03 085202.png

No luck. I too have Windows 11, but do NOT have the mentioned driver to uninstall and install it. 

Screenshot 2022-01-03 085202.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

We have shared this with the team.

We'll post back once we have additional information.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Same problem here.

Gopro 10 up to date.
Windows 11 up to date.

Latest version of gopro webcam. 

Already reinstalled software. Problem remains.

Multiple USB C and A ports. Problem remains.

Once connected the software kicks in fine and the icon in the systray changes to blue.
gopro1.jpg

After a few seconds (about 5), an error message apears and the icon changes to plain white again.

gopro2.jpg

Translating from Portuguese to English:
"Camera connection error
Try to reconnect your camera"

Help please.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same exact problem here - please help!

Tourist

[ New ]

Step by Step Instructions for Windows users:

Step 1: Install GoPro QUIK on your mobile device or whatever means you are utilizing the app through.

Step 2: Go through the normal pairing process with your GoPro Hero 10 Black on the device with GoPro QUIK installed.

Step 3: Check for updates for your device in the GoPro QUIK app, and verify your software is up to date (As of 11 Jan 2022 the version is 10.6.1. You can verify this in the Play Store under the "About this app" button. This may be different for iPhone users.)

Step 4: Verify the firmware for your camera is up to date in the app.

GoPro Quik.jpg

Step 5: Check the GoPro Hero 10 Black itself and see what firmware is on it. To do this check in Preferences > About > Camera Info (As of 11 Jan 2022 the version is 1.20.)

Step 6: If the firware version is wrong. Then do a manual update, which requires some extra steps outlined here (you must do this step or it will not work):

https://gopro.com/en/us/support/hero10-black-product-update

Step 7: After completing the firmware update, do a Factory Reset of your camera (This will erase everything on your GoPro Hero 10 Black. If you have pictures or videos, back them up first). Then repeat Step 2.

Step 8: Download and install GoPro Webcam from the Microsoft Store.

Step 9: Verify the version number for the GoPro Webcam software (As of 11 Jan 2022 the version is 1.2.0.738.)

Step 10: Right-click on the app > Click Preferences > Set your primary graphics adapter (If you have only one it will already be selected)

Step 11: Plug the GoPro Hero 10 Black into a USB 3 port or a USB Type C port, it does not matter I have used both.

Step 12: The device works. If it does not work, leave it plugged in and proceed to Step 12.

Step 13: Go to the Device Manager > Expand "Network adapters" > Find "GoPro UsbNcm Host Device > Right-click and select "Uninstall device" > Check the box that reads "Attempt to remove the driver for this device" > Click "Uninstall"

Step 14: Test the device (you may have to unplug and plug it back in) It should work at this point.

If it does not, this is the exact process I followed and it worked for me.

Tourist

[ New ]

Dear Sprywave,

First of all thank you very much for the atempt of helping me and other users.
Dispite all my stuff being up to date, I've done all you posted.

Unfortunately it didn't helped.
Everytime I connect the camera the same error message apears and this shows on the device manager:
gopro.jpg

I've unnistalled as posted on Step 13 and then, after disconnecting and connecting usb the same thing appears. 

I am rly thankfull for your post.

I'm also very sad that no solution as come from Gopro.

EDIT:
- Also tried with and w/o battery.
- Tried with and w/O SD Card
- Different USB ports/cables

Sightseer

[ New ]

Latest GoPro Hero 10 firmware and latest windows Webcam Utility on Windows 11. Removing the gopro network adapter (and driver)....re-connecting the gopro worked for me.Was able to use the webcam utility as well as in OBS.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I had the same problem with my Hero 10 and the driver was nowhere to be seen either. By accident I found out that you can make hidden devices visible. Just click the view button and then show hidden devices. I uninstalled the two GoPro drivers I found and reconnected the Hero 10. Finally, the problem is solved. I hope you have the same success I had. Good luck!
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006 When will the engineers make a new firmware that fixes the webcam function?

Tourist

[ New ]

Again,

I really do appreciate all the attempts to help from everyone. Sad to see that GOPRO Staff is yet to do so.

I've unninstalled the divice time and time again. With the cammera connected and without (using the "show hidden devices" trick).
Even tried to suspend the device instead of unnistalling it. 

Everytime I, then, try to connect the cammera the same error occurs.

Thank you.