Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Waterproof? Nope.

Ive been traveling SEA for 6 months and my GoPro has disappointed me time and time again. I’ve had a waterlogged front screen after snorkeling in shallow water. The entire back screen display stopped working while at a waterfall with only mist, the camera was never submerged. These incidents have both happened with the case on, although the camera itself is said to be waterproof! The door to the charging hookup has needed to be replaced, the fact that replacements are even sold shows how cheaply made this product is. Finally the picture quality also leaves a lot to be desired. How do I solve these problems or are these cameras just a money trap!?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Waterproof? Nope.

Hello @grandcave32307

Sorry to hear about what happened with the camera. It would be best to contact Support team for this case so they can look into options for you. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

You say you used a case, was that the supersuit or a third party product. I suspect 1 of 2 things has happened - 1) you didn't close the super suit properly. You have to remove the lens cover on the Hero5 and 6 when using wlthe supersuit meaning if the supersuit fails then the camera inside isn't waterproof by itself anymore. 2) you used a third party product so can only blame yourself for that.

As for the charging door are you sure you didn't just remove it and think it was broken? They can be removed.

The comment about picture quality is arguable. I personally think it's incredible. Have you downloaded the full quality video to your phone/computer or are you viewing on the gopro? The gopro playback shows the video in low quality.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @grandcave32307

Sorry to hear about what happened with the camera. It would be best to contact Support team for this case so they can look into options for you. You can reach them via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 

Marius