Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Water on the lens

[ New ]

Water on the inside of the lens. Battery hatch was securely closed. Now it appears to have an array of different faults occurring... ranging from touchscreen distortion, unresponsive, not connecting to the app and excessive heat generation. This was purchased in March 2020 and was submerged approximitly 1m. 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Water on the lens

[ New ]

Hi @micko5861

So long as the camera door is closed, the HERO8 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @micko5861

So long as the camera door is closed, the HERO8 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.

Let our Support Team take a look at what happened.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, yes I've logged it through the support hub a couple of days ago and again today... still waiting on the responce. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Up to day 6 with still no contact for support... this is the 4th GoPro camera I have owned. While the others have failed just outside of the warranty paroid I hadn't questioned the warranty. However, this one is well inside the warranty peroid. 

1.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @micko5861

We do not see a case logged under the email address on your Hub profile.

Can we have the case number, please?

We'll follow up with the team.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi EJ, I thought this was a case? I submitted the camera serial number... where do I get a case number? 

GoPro

[ New ]

@micko5861, a Support case is created once you submit a contact request or initiate a chat session with our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

When you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support so we can assist you further.

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.