Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Water leaked GoPro Hero 8 Black

[ New ]
Same thing happened to me today. Week old camera, 10cm deep water for 15 secconds... battery compartment full of water. And the battery door was 100% closed. I replicated the situation and same again, battery slot full of water. I do NOT understand how this is possible....? So i have to be afraid to take this camera even near water? Or cant even use it in rain? Or humid conditions?
When I inspected the camera closer, I found the front panel, specially near the lens cover is loose and it wiggles. Just like the other dude showed in this thread.

Im fortunate enough to have my local stores own "no question asked camera replacement for free" plan for two years. But this is still going to go through the warranty and not "replacement plan" because its clearly a faulty device / unit. They will give me a new one for free but im not sure if i want this model anymore... cant have a waterproof action camera near water...?

I had numerous problems with the hero 7 black, had 3 units replaced and still freezing and crashing and lost footage. Was going for the Osmo Action but thought give a try with the GP8. Apparently its still a company with probelms or massive production quality issues. Ridiculous........
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about what happened, @devindee. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]
The camera has been returned to the retailer and they gave full refund. Absolutely horrible stuff GoPro....