Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Water leaked GoPro Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

Kindly note that I have purchased a GoPro Hero 8 Black waterproof camera  from Ranga Shopping Center - Pandura, Sri Lanka on 08th November 2019. Yesterday (17th November 2019) for the first time I was trying to capture an underwater video without a protective casing (since it has mentioned we can capture underwater scenes for 33ft) not even deep than 1 meter on the beach (No diving, No jumping). The GoPro was fully sealed and I checked and confirmed it before putting it to the water. Unfortunately, the camera was leaked by water and now I can see water inside the camera (From front display) As soon as this happened I removed the battery and the SD card.

A picture of my camera is attached herewith for your reference. It's much appreciated if you could give your best and favorable solution for this matter since I will be one of the best customers of your future products.

Camera front with water leak.jpg.jpg
Adventurer

Re: Water leaked GoPro Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

where it counts.    have gopro  go to the topic as reference. and   call or chat. when they are  open Pacific time.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you, everyone. I contacted an agent they gave their best solution for my issue. Thanks alot

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi 

what was GoPro advice ?only my hero 8 has done the same only taken a pic standing in shallow water 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @wayneski7 Please contact GoPro customer support if you encountered the same issue. 

Here's the link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards,

-Jay

Sightseer

[ New ]
Mine stopped working while using it to video kids jumping into the water. Found the camera to be full of water and the red light on the front of the camera was still on. I’ve taken the battery and sd card out of the camera to allow the camera to dry out.
image.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

I am starting to question the water proofing of this new gopro hero 8 as I am starting to hear about several people having this issue with watertightness of the Hero 8. I myself was noting the battery compartment area as a potentional source of the problem or the top seal along the front portion of lens and body of camera. I noticed there the seal is tight and narrow but somewhere in the middle is much wider sort of like a buldge busting the seam.  

GOPRO reps care to answer if there is a problem with waterproofness of the camera hero 8 ???

Tourist

[ New ]

can confirm the same. I tested my go pro in a cereal bowl of water, literally 10cms of water,  and i could see water seeping in. My lens fogged and i saw water droplets on the lens. Very bad quality control Gopro I am losing trust and will buy a DJi OSMO instead!