Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Water leak on Battery Compartment

My gopro hero 5 had a water leak at the battery compartment, but it should be a waterproof camera and the reason why I upgrade from hero 3+ black to hero 5 black. I always follow the proper steps before using it. All the side doors are closed and is on it’s regular case.I just use it to catch a picture of waves on the beach. I bought it on sale last July 2017 for a half price in the United States, I paid it on cash. Now I already tback to the Philippines and this water leak happened to my gopro Hero5 black.

After contacting the technical support agent, they just offered me a discount to buy a new camera which is higher than the price when I bought my Hero5 black.

It frustrates me to hear from them that I need to buy a new camera that has a higher price than I bought it before and thinking that the waterleak might happen again to the new hero5 black that they are offering me to buy. It’s a loose loose situation for me and honestly the water leak on my camera is not a user’s error but a defect of the device. It’s not just me who complain about this issue on gopro hero5 black.

I’m very frustrated on how to find a solution for this issue. I save and eork hard ro buy a gopro jero4 black and now I might have no chance to buy a new gopro again. I might stop vlogging.