Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Water inside lens in my Hero 7 Silver

Hi, I bought this Hero 7 Silver 2 months ago and just put it in water by first time yesterday (in a pool surface only). It worked well but after that I noticed water within the lens. Today it appeared with the lens completely condensed. The camera still turns on and works, but the image is poor because of condensation in the lens. I double checked the door was fully closed before getting it into the water, so that was not the reason. What should I do? Thanks
GoPro

Re: Water inside lens in my Hero 7 Silver

[ Edited ]

Hi @rodrigoacevedo

So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO7 cameras are waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing. 

You may try this: ensure that the camera is in a dry, clean area. Leave the side door open to allow air to circulate through the camera. If possible, allow the unit to dry in an air conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% humidity) until signs of fogging have dissipated. 

You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

I had a similar problem today with my gopro7 silver.

Today I went up in the mountain and as the temperature dropped down my camera started having some condensation that spoiled most of my videos. I found it hard to understand because my camera was bought 20 days ago and never got wet.  What can be the reason for this? And how can I solve it?

GOPRO.jpg
Tourist

I got water inside, then condensation. I was instructed to put it under air to dry it. I did it for several hours with a hair dryer and it didn’t work at all. I decided to store it in a warm place with some disecant gel units from another camera I have, and it is now much better after 5 days. It serms to have solved my problem but it didn’t explain why the “best water-proof action camera in the market” gets wet...
Good luck my friend.
GoPro

Hi @followmybootprints,

If it's just condensation make sure to bring desiccant silica gel and put it beside your camera. 

The camera heats up and it reacts to the temperature, if it's cold you will encounter fogging or condensation. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Nomad

Maybe try taking the lens cover off? It is removable. You could try reassembling after it dries out in a dessicated atmosphere, which should not leave any moisture stuck under the lens cover. Good luck!

Tourist

Silver model doesn’t allow to remove the lens. So all you can do is open the charging door, keep the camera in a dry place and pray. Still trying to realize why this happened to a new camera...
Nomad

Oh really? That's an interesting design choice. In that case yes the only option you have is to place the entire camera in a bag of dessicant. In the future you might want to dry the camera out after opening the charging door in a humid environment.