Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Water inside gopro 7 Hero lens cover

I was out snorkling the deepest at 1m i sent back to shore and found that there was water inside My lens cover now its all foggy inside there and it affects my photos.
And its sounding werid.

Some thing to worry about?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Water inside gopro 7 Hero lens cover

[ Edited ]

Hi @williamd04084,

Thanks for reaching out. The HERO7 Black camera is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without the lens cover and a housing, as long as all camera doors are closed. However, of course, the lens cover is recommended to keep on to prevent damages to the lens from bumps, scratches, etc.

I recommend removing the Protective Lens and allowing the unit to dry in an air conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% Humidity). Once traces of fogging has cleared, securely re-attach the Protective Lens following the steps here.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Water inside gopro 7 Hero lens cover

[ Edited ]

Hi @williamd04084,

Thanks for reaching out. The HERO7 Black camera is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without the lens cover and a housing, as long as all camera doors are closed. However, of course, the lens cover is recommended to keep on to prevent damages to the lens from bumps, scratches, etc.

I recommend removing the Protective Lens and allowing the unit to dry in an air conditioned and/or low humidity environment (<50% Humidity). Once traces of fogging has cleared, securely re-attach the Protective Lens following the steps here.

Kind Regards,
Ann