Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Water in GoPro Hero5 Black

[ New ]

I have never used my GoPro under water. Wednesday 19th August was the first time. While using it under water (sea water), the GoPro displayed 'Too Hot' and switched off. It never went on again and it would not charge. I also noticed water in the front LCD Display which is still there after 2 days and there seems to have developed corrosion around the battery flap. 

I have been to one of the official sellers in Malta (Scan) and they said they could not offer any after sales services and that I should contact GoPro myself as you may offer a Return Scheme. 

I have only used my GoPro a ocuple of times when on holiday and only used it this time for the first time under water! 

Could you please guide me accordingly? 

Many thanks! 

GoPro 3.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Water in GoPro Hero5 Black

[ New ]
Managed to get in touch and we solved the issue! Great after sale service 👍🏻

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

Used it once  day one of  years later, makes no difference. the doors must be closed, I understand you verified that, then you will need to prove to GoPro  that and how you got water in there.  at your own risk, you t he owner takes the responsability for it.

Under Warranty gopro  if finds thecamera defective wil lreplace,  they do not  take back neglected or water damage camera. check with a rep at gopro for your options. 

the site you just posted will answer only.

Tourist

[ New ]

Both doors (that of battery - and that of charging port) where closed well. in fact I could not understand where the water was going in from. 

I am trying to contact GoPro live chat maybe they can help!

Adventurer

[ New ]

Get with them when you get through if not change the globe to US and try in an hours time,

gopro will offer Options. let the site know, if you do not return back and complete your  topic then we  know the answer

Tourist

[ New ]

I have been trying to contact them since Yesterday and Did not manage through Live Chat. I don't know how else I can contact them. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Managed to get in touch and we solved the issue! Great after sale service 👍🏻