Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Water Leaked Issue

Hi GoPro,

Had the hero GoPro 6 for almost a year now (Gift from a friend). All been well until I used it last week in the pool. thought the battery had died so got out to replace for the spare. When I opened the battery compartment water literally poured out. I had shaken all the water and let it dry for 3 days. This morning when I opened, it won't turn on and it only showing red light indicator. By the way, I had it with a waterproof casing and knowing that GoPro 6 Black is waterproof as well. What I can do? I'm assuming that GoPro is faulty and hoping for a replacement.

Adventurer

Re: Water Leaked Issue

You can hope h ere, that is as far as thetopic will Go.  If you reach out then post up you can get to GoPro at tehir  contact page, do you know how to find it?  gopro.com/contactus

chat or call.

Have your Email, Bill of sale, photo and Story all in Order,  If on the phone they will   send you a link to load it all up so makesure like said have this all prepared.  if chatting the same .

The options offered for water damage is  you send the camera back, you purchase a discounted one at a percentage off of retail.

It was best to have  purchased a Plus member where you pay for the services and a deductable for a free camera.

Good luck let us all know what they did.  I bet they gave you 25% off retail.

Tourist

Hero 6 black is a waterproof camera and that is the main reason I bought the product. I always use the camera to obey the rules. Fully closed side doors, and not even deep than 3 meters in the water. 

It is ridiculed to told me to buy new water leaking camera to solve this problem. False advertising puls bad after-sale services.

Honestly, the water leak into the front screen is Gopro manufacturing defect, lots of people have the same issue. 

Anyone here who can help me and tell me what should I do in the next step?

Adventurer

the camera is lableled waterproof I agree on that.  This is a forum all we can do is talk. your Actions are to contact GoPro.  800-635-3578 or chat  Below is a photo that  I find very useful to get to gopro. 

Get in touch,  make sure gopro will inspect and determine then offer.   they must find a defect,  that will be all up to gopro.  search the  forum at Support for the wwarranty  and you'll see   that they do not cover water.  would you like me t oget that info for you?

01.png